The new update is now available for Windows 10 21H2, version 21H1, and version 20H2 As per the official release notes, Microsoft has published two main cumulative updates for Windows 10 – KB5010342 and KB5010345.
Microsoft has released these updates for November 2021 Update, May 2021 Update, October 2020 Update (version 20H2). This update is not available for May 2020 Update (version 2004) if you use the consumer edition, but the same update will be offered on devices using enterprise or education SKUs.
The full list of Windows 10 updates released today are:
Like every Patch Tuesday, you can check for and install new updates by going to Settings, clicking on Windows Update, and selecting ‘Check for Updates‘ to install the updates.
According to the official release note, Microsoft has fixed an issue whereby Lightweight Directory Access Protocol operation could fail if the operation contains the Sam Account Name and User Account Control attributes.
The error message is, “Error: 0x20EF. The directory service encountered an unknown failure”.
Additionally, Microsoft has fixed audio issues and made improvements to Bluetooth connections. Other fixes include:
- Updates an issue that might prevent icons from appearing on the taskbar of a secondary display.
- Improves auto brightness to provide a better response under low light conditions on all the supported systems.
- Updates daylight savings time to start in February 2022 instead of March 2022 in Jordan.
- Adds the HelpWith feature, which uses Microsoft Bing technologies to suggest Help topics that are relevant for each Settings page.
- Updates an issue that displays outdated battery percentages for connected Bluetooth devices on the Bluetooth and other devices page in Settings.
- Updates a known issue that might prevent some image editing programs from rendering colors correctly on certain high dynamic range (HDR) displays. This frequently affects white colors that might display in bright yellow or other colors.
As always, users can download the updates from the Microsoft Catalog.