A new report claims that Apple is planning to unveil a new MacBook Pro in early March.
From a paywalled Digitimes report:
Notebook supply chain players had kept their production lines running during the Lunar New Year holiday reportedly for new MacBook Pro, which is set for launch in early March, according to industry sources.
According to Mark Gurman, however, the entry-level MacBook Pro isn’t going away but actually is set to receive an upgrade. In the latest issue of his “Power On” newsletter, Gurman says that Apple will release a new version of the 13-inch MacBook Pro without a Touch Bar and with the rumored M2 processor.
Gurman says he expects the new MacBook Pro to drop the Touch Bar like last year’s version, but will feature lesser displays, processors, and storage, as well as eschewing mini-LED and ProMotion.
According to Gurman, Apple is going to hold an event on or around March 8 where it will announce a new 5G iPhone SE and a new iPad Air. If this latest report is to be believed the supply chain is also preparing for a new MacBook Pro which could be just weeks away.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.