Educational platform Netology conducted a study in which it examined key events and trends in marketing over the past 10 years.
Key research points
- The most popular customer acquisition channels have emerged over the past 10 years. These channels include: targeted advertising and retargeting (2012), performance marketing (2014), native special projects (2015), content marketing (2012–2015), blogger integration (2013–2016), podcasting (2019).
- When analyzing an audience, behavior, user interests, and location are of prime importance. Socio-demographic characteristics are not as important now as they used to be.
- When positioning brands, they increasingly rely on individual and social factors: feelings, emotions, concern for the environment, etc.
- Another observation of recent years is that brands began to build communication with a young and still insolvent audience in advance, so that in a few years, when a person enters the core of the target audience, he would already be loyal to the company.
- Personalization has created a twofold situation. On the one hand, a person expects an individual approach and personalized suggestions based on an analysis of interests and behavior. On the other hand, users are increasingly dissatisfied with the collection of personal data. Authorities are tightening data laws, and ethical controversies and reputation scandals are raging on social media.
- The demand for content marketers continues to grow. Content marketing will continue to evolve in the coming years.
- At the heart of any business now is omnichannel marketing to achieve the best results.
- The routine tasks of a marketer are gradually being transferred to artificial intelligence. The neural network can already set up targeted advertising, optimize campaign budgets. Specialists have more time for creativity.
- New professions are emerging on the internet marketing market. So, in recent years, such specialists have appeared such as a product marketer, a marketer-analyst, a CRM-marketer, a performance-marketer, an affiliate-marketer, an influencer-marketer.
- The demand for digital marketers is growing rapidly. For example, the demand for SMM managers and media buyers has increased 3.5 times over the past 3 years.
More information on the study of Netology can be found link.
We will remind, earlier the Association of Communication Agencies of Russia (AKAR) let down the results of the development of the advertising market in the first quarter of 2021.
Source: press release Netology