- Hindi News
- Income Tax Department ITR Refund April 2021 Updates; Rs.12,038 Crore Issued To 10.83 Lakh Taxpayers
Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar App for news without ads
New Delhi12 hours earlier
According to the Income Tax Department, the department issued a refund of Rs 12,038 crore to 10.83 lakh taxpayers from April 1, 2021 to April 26, 2021. According to the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), out of this, a refund of Rs 4,577 crore has been given to 10.65 lakh taxpayers as personal income tax refunds. At the same time, corporate tax refund of Rs 7,461 crore has been given to 17,273 taxpayers. The department has given information about this through social media.
This is how you can check the status of your refund
- Taxpayers can visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html.
- To find out the refund status, two information needs to be filled here – PAN number and fill the year for which the refund is due.
- Now you have to fill the captcha code given below.
- After this, the status will come as soon as you click on Proceed.
Refund status can also be checked on the site of income tax department
- First go to the website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Log in to your account by entering details like PAN, password and captcha code. Click on ‘Review Returns / Forms’.
- Select ‘Income Tax Return’ from the drop down menu. Select the assessment year for which you want to check your income tax refund status.
- After this, click on your enrollment number i.e. hyper link.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen which will show the timeline of the filing of the return.
- Such as when your ITR was filed and verified, the date of completion of processing, the date of refund issue, etc.
What is refund?
The company deducts an estimated part of the tax from its salary and pays it to the government account in advance, while paying salaries to its employees throughout the year. Employees file income tax returns at the end of the year, in which they state how much they owe as taxes. If the actual liability is less than the amount of tax deducted earlier, the remaining amount is refunded to the employee.
There are more news …