Tencent Games subsidiary Lightspeed and Quantum Studios Group, developer of the hit PUBG Mobile, announced the formation of Uncapped Games Studios.
This new team is based in Los Angeles and is working on an RTS game for PC. Two former Blizzard employees, David Kim and Jason Hughes, are leading the studio.
Kim worked on StarCraft II at Blizzard, so he has experience with the RTS genre. He was the lead systems designer for Diablo IV until his departure from Blizzard in April. Hughes was working as Diablo IV’s lead game producer before announcing his departure from the company in May.
We’ve seen multiple studios come up around former Blizzard staff in recent years. Another, Frost Giant Studios, is also working on an RTS game.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it.
How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties