In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Tamsen Webster. Tamsen is a message strategist storyteller who helps people find and build stories, partners, investors, clients, and customers will tell themselves and others. She’s also the author of a new book called: Find Your Red Thread: Make Your Big Ideas Irresistible.
Whether you are writing marketing copy, an investor pitch, a keynote speech, a book, or all of the above, the best way to make your idea irresistible is to build the story people will tell themselves about it.
If you want to change the world, if you value the possibility of your idea so much that you see it as bigger than you are, if you are willing to put your idea first, but you struggle to communicate how relevant it really is, Tamsen Webster shares the practical tools you need to create clear, powerful messages with undeniable impact.
Questions I Ask Tamsen Webster:
- [1:25] Years ago you told me that you’ve learned everything about messages, people, and change while you were a Weight Watchers Leader – can you share more about that idea?
- [5:09] What does the term “red thread” mean?
- [6:57] What are the components of a compelling message?
- [13:57] How often is going directly to customers a place to go looking for the red thread, and how do you extract that info without doing traditional survey work?
- [17:23] What role does fear play in people actually embracing the compelling message that has come up?
- [21:48] This question stems from the idea of narrative versus story — how do we build the narrative that gets them to want to get involved in the story?
More About Tamsen Webster:
More About The Duct Tape Consultant Network:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Monday.com.
There are a lot of tools out there to help companies get work done. We recently switched over to a tool called Monday, and we love it. Monday is more than just a project management tool. You can use it in many ways to run your entire business, marketing, sales, task management, even recruiting, and certainly project management. Check it out yourself here.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND